Mobile App Car Mode
Based on overwhelming customer feedback (more than 42% of you use the French Today audiobooks while in the car) version 1.6.0 of the mobile applications introduces a new listening mode for when you are driving, cooking or maybe while you are on the treadmill.
If you are not seeing these options, please make sure you update your iOS app here or Android app here.
What is car mode?
A simplified user interface to control the audio playback that is optimised with large buttons so that it is safe to use while doing something else (please always be aware of your surroundings when using this when driving! Stay safe)
This large screen will allow you to:
- Play/Pause the audio playback (you can tap anywhere in the audiobook thumbnail)
- See the name of the current section as well as the remaining playback time
- Skip back and forth based on your customised skip times
- Engage loop more on (orange) or off (gray)
- Change the speed of the recordings when you are listening to a story chapter (only displayed when a story chapter is playing back)
- Exit the Car mode by tapping on the big X arrow in the top left corner
In addition, note that turning on car mode will force your device to not go to sleep so that the controls are always available (what's the point of a car mode if you need to unlock your phone after 5 minutes).
Be aware of that if you are using car mode while the phone is not plugged into some sort of charger...
To engage car mode
To turn on the Car Mode option on your phone or tablet, do the following:
- Tap the options (gear) icon in the top right of your screen
- Tap on the big "Enter Car Mode" button
To exit car mode
Tap on the large X in the top left of your screen