iOS - How to Send Crash Reports to Support
Directly from the device:
- Navigate to your device Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data.
- Scroll through this list to find French Today events. See screenshot below. The list is alphabetical.
- Tap one of these events.
- Tap the share icon at the top right.
- Email it to email@example.com with "iOS Crash log + Your Name" in the subject line.
If you connect your iOS device to your Mac:
Connect your iOS device to your Mac using your iOS Lightning/USB C cable.
- Sync your device.
- Go to the Mac Finder, then choose the "Go" menu's "Go to Folder" option. (The keyboard shortcut is Command-Shift-G.)
- Copy-and-paste this location into the "Go to Folder" field: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
- Open the folder corresponding to your device.
- Select the crash logs for French Today, then Command-Click the items to pull up the contextual menu.
- Select "Compress..." to create a .zip folder.
- Email the .zip folder to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you connect your iOS device to your PC
Follow these steps to get the crash logs:
- Connect your iOS device to your PC using your iOS Lightning/USB C cable.
- Sync your device.
- The crash log locations vary based on the version of Windows you're running:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<DEVICE NAME>
- Windows Vista & Windows 7: Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME> and manually add "AppData" to the folder path: C:\Users\<USERNAME>AppData. The complete path is: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows 8: Make sure that you have hidden files and folders enabled in the Folder Options of the Windows Control Panel, then go to: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\
4. Locate the Day One crash logs. The filenames start with "French Today" and contain a date stamp.
5. Zip all the files starting with "DayOne."
6. Email the .zip folder to email@example.com